Ads

Monday, February 04, 2013

Ways to Clean Crayon from Walls Plus Kulilits Kuwento

Hello guys! How are you? I wasn't able to blog the past few days because we went out of town as I mentioned in my previous blog.

Anyway, I want to share you my experience with the kulilits this morning...

While I'm cooking the kulilit's lunch, I let them draw first to keep them busy. Before I leave them, I kept on telling them to draw only on the PAPER. Well, they did, that is when I'm only around. After around 5 minutes, I went back to the salas to check on them and I got a SURPRISE! I was shocked to see our wall and floor turned into a huge canvas by the kulilits...


Wall


Floor


Haaayyy... Grabe! Kaloka talaga! They were even excited to show me their masterpiece on the wall. Airplane daw yun. But I didn't tolerate their action. I talked to them and disciplined them hoping that they won't do it again.

I decided to clean it up kasi ang sagwa tignan. With the floor, ok lang since punas lang ang katapat. But with the wall, I tried scrubbing it with soap and water to the point na nagkanda ngalay na ang kili kili ko but the marks won't come off. Pero I didn't give up. I got my iPad and asked help from MR. GOOGLE. Then I came across this article from Reader's Digest (www.rd.com). Lemme' share it to you...

8 Ways to Clean Crayon from Walls

Fixes you can use when young artists mistake your home's walls for canvas.

Baking Soda

Have your walls been redecorated with some original crayon masterpieces? Don't lose your cool. Just grab a damp rag, dip it in some baking soda, and lightly scrub the marks. They should come off with a minimal amount of effort.

Lighter Fluid

Did the kids leave their mark with crayons on your walls during that last visit? No problem. Dab some lighter fluid on a clean rag and wipe till the marks vanish.

Mayonnaise

Here's a simple way to remove crayon that requires hardly any elbow grease: Simply rub some mayonnaise on the crayon marks and let it soak in for several minutes. Then wipe the surface clean with a damp cloth.

Pencil Erasers

Your toddler has gone wild with the crayons, but he drew on the walls and not on paper. You've tried everything to get it off, but not this: an eraser. Try "erasing" the crayon marks to get the wall back to a clean slate.

Steel Wool

Your toddler just created a work of crayon art on paper. Unfortunately, it's on the wallpaper. Use a bit of steel wool soap pad to just skim the surface, making strokes in one direction instead of scrubbing in a circle, and your wall will be a fresh "canvas" in no time.

Toothpaste

Did crayon-toting kids get creative on your wall? Roll up your sleeves and grab a tube of non-gel toothpaste and a rag or - better yet - a scrub brush. Squirt the toothpaste on the wall and start scrubbing. The fine abrasive in the toothpaste will rub away the crayon every time. Rinse the wall with water.

Vinegar

Kids often manage to get crayon marks on their clothing. You can easily get these stains off by rubbing them with a recycled toothbrush soaked in undiluted vinegar before washing them.

WD-40 

Did the kids use your wall as if it was a big coloring book? Not to worry! Simply spray some WD-40 onto the marks and wipe with a clean rag. WD-40 will not damage the paint or most wallpaper (test fabric or other fancy wall covering first). It will also remove marker and crayon marks from furniture and appliances.

I chose the last option since we have WD-40 and it seems that it is the easiest way to remove the crayons.




And tadaa!!!




It actually works! Ang galing! May other uses din pala ang WD-40. I thought it is used lang for padlocks and hinges.

Thanks Mr. Google for helping me. You're super dependable. Hehehe.

I hope you guys learned something new too =)

No comments:

Post a Comment