Ads

Thursday, October 17, 2013

WICKED's Formal Opening

When I received an invite to attend WICKED's formal opening, I felt really excited. Why??? Well, look at how their products were described in the invite...

"Join us as we celebrate WICKED's opening, featuring a line of luscious, sinful desserts that will not only captivate your sweet tooth but your imagination as well. Let Pastry Chef Christine Paredes take you on a journey that will from Reese Peanut Butter Cupcake covered with rich Peanut Butter Ganache, Campfire Chocolate Cupcake with Marshmallows burnt to perfection bathed in Milk Chocolate Ganache, to Brookies, a perfect marriage between a moist Brownie and crispy Cookie, and more!"

Who wouldn't be excited, right? I don't have a sweet tooth, but my love for food made me say yes to this event. Hehe!

So there, I went to WICKED's formal opening last Tuesday at the 5/F East Wing, Shangri-La Plaza Mall. There were already a lot of people when I arrived.

Here's the facade of the restaurant...




Simple but interesting logo...




Cakes and other desserts...




Cupcakes...




The dessert table...




I, together with other bloggers and media people, had a cupcake decorating activity. We also had a chance to talk to Pastry Chef Christine Paredes wherein she explained why WICKED's products are unique as compared to other pastry shops.




And of course, we were given a chance to taste most of their desserts.

Brookies paired with milk...




I love this! It's not that sweet. I'm sure that anyone who'll taste this will love it too.

Twix Cheesecake Jr. and Cherry Walnut Cheesecake Jr....




I also love their cheescakes - taste and texture. You'll never get tired of its taste.

White Russian Fondue...




This one is for dark chocolate lovers. The white chocolate fondue has a liquor on it.

Chili Almond Avocado Brownie, Walnut Brownie and Rebel Bar...




Everything is moist. What I like most is the Walnut Brownie because it's not that sweet.

Wicked Stepmother Apple Pie...




It's an apple pie with ice cream on top.

Rich and Velvety Flourless Chocolate Tart, Salted Caramel Pecan Tart and Seasonal Fruit Tart with Roasted Almond Flakes...




My favorite here is the Seasonal Fruit Tart. Its taste is just right and I love the sweetness of the strawberries.

Chocolate Cupcake with Edible GoldRed Velvet Cupcake and Vanilla Cupcake...




Spiced Pumpkin Lolly...




I like this also. This is more of a snack than a dessert. I love the mixture of flavors and the crust.

Calories overload don't you think? Well, I just had a little bit of everything just to know the taste of each product.

And of course, I bought some products too so that my family could taste it. I bought Twix Cheesecake Jr., Cherry Walnut Cheesecake Jr., Seasonal Fruit Tart with Almond Flakes and Brookies (these are my bet!).

By the way, here is their menu for your reference...

 
 
 
 
What are you waiting guys? Try WICKED now!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment