Ads

Friday, January 10, 2014

The Birth of Roy Christoff

Finally, I have time to blog now. =) All of the boys are having their afternoon nap and that's unusual nowadays. Normally, one of them doesn't want to sleep that's why sometimes I feel very frustrated because my schedule for the day is ruined.

Well, I have three boys... 2 toddlers and an infant... I only have one househelp who only cleans the house and washes the clothes of Christoff... I do the cooking, grocery shopping, buying of fresh produce at the wet market, taking care and homeschooling the kids, etcetera, etcetera... Just imagine that...

Anyway, it's been almost a month when I gave birth to Roy Christoff and I still haven't blogged about his birth. Hehe. I told you in my previous blog entry (you can read it here), that my CS operation has been moved several times. So from the initial schedule of December 15, it was finally settled at December 16.

Since it was moved on a later date, I've got an extra day to prepare. Hehe. That extra day (December 15) was really maximized. We went around ATC before lunch. Then we celebrated my dad's birthday at Ramen Tei. After my dad's birthday lunch, my mom and I went to the parlor for some pampering. I believe that I need to be pampered in preparation to no-sleep days. Hehe.

I had foot spa with pedicure...




and a haircut...




After that, we already went to Makati because I need to be admitted to Makati Medical Center for some preparations the day before my CS schedule. But before going to the hospital, we ate first a super late dinner since I need to be NPO by 12:00 midnight.

Moving forward...

On December 16, 2013, at around 9:00am, I gave birth to Roy Christoff Garcia Padua...




Christoff is such a healthy baby boy. His birth weight is 6.11 lbs (He's not that heavy because my OBG is strictly monitoring my weight during my pregnancy) and his Apgar score is 9.

Here is our first picture together...




Our picture after his first latch...




First picture with mommy and daddy...




Here is Christoff's picture at the nursery...




I'm very happy because the CS procedure went well and my baby boy is very healthy. What I didn't like is the number of days I stayed in the hospital and the huge hospital bill. Hehe. I stayed there for 5 days - 1 day for preparation, 1 day for the actual CS procedure and 3 days recovery period. I got bored at the hospital plus I missed the Kulilits. I actually tried to lessen the number of days of my stay at the hospital by making sure to poop and walk the following day. Unfortunately, my OBG didn't allow me to go home because she wants to make sure that I won't have any complications post surgery. =(



No comments:

Post a Comment