Ads

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Express Lunch at the Corner Tree Cafe

I forgot my baon last Saturday because my dad and I are in a hurry in going to the office. I was thinking that time na hindi na lang ako maglulunch since we had a heavy breakfast that morning naman (aside sa pagiging super kuripot ko...LOL!)

At around 10:30am, Manang Susan asked me kung ano ang kakainin ko. I told her baka hindi na lang ako kumain kasi busog pa ako. Then she asked me kung ano kakainin ni daddy. I told her to ask him because I don't know and we don't have any baon. She approached my dad and asked him what he will eat. At ang sagot ng aking daddy is "Sabihin mo kay Cheryll ilibre ako..." Natawa lang daw si Manang Susan and she told my dad na hindi nga ako kakain. Knowing that I'll not eat lunch, ang daddy ko na isa pang kuripot, na pinagmanahan ko, ay magpapakatay na naman ng kanyang bestfriend Kirkland Chicken Breast. Pero siyempre naisip ko na minsan lang maglambing ang daddy ko at di ko maatim na delata na naman ang kakainin, I told manang not to prepare him lunch anymore.

I told my dad na we'll just eat sa Corner Tree Cafe. It is a vegan restaurant located at Jupiter St., Makati. Nagpromise din kasi ako sa kanya before na papakainin ko siya dun since he is in a "vegetarian" diet.

Corner Tree Cafe
As a starter, I ordered the Corner Tree Starter Plate. It is a combination of Dukka (a distinctly Egyptian snack made with a dry blend of seeds, spices and nuts. Earthy and fragrant. Served with extra vigin olive oil and warm chunks of whole wheat bread and white bean hummus (a lemony white bean dip servied "on the rocks"). With sticks of cucumber, singkamas (jicama) and carrots.

This starter plate is really delish. Nabitin nga ako sa bread eh. The white bean hummus is very addictive. I actually ate it without the bread. I also tried dipping the bread with the olive oil and Dukka. Ang sarap din niya. May pagka-smokey ang flavor.

Corner Tree Starter Plate Php 210.00
For the main dish, I ordered Tofu Teriyaki with Sauteed Asparagus and Shitake Mushroom for my dad. It is served in a bowl over organic red rice.

I tried one tofu and I could say that it is delicious also. It has a right blend of ingredients that the flavor of one ingredient don't overpower the flavor of another. My dad enjoyed this dish as well.

 
Tofu Teriyaki with  Sauteed Asparagus & Shitake Mushroom Php 280.00
And for me, I ordered Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna. It is made of spinach, roasted red bell pepper, mushrooms and 3 different kind of cheeses. It is served with a side salad as well.

Their lasagna is flavorful. Hindi siya nakakasawa or nakakaumay. Aside from that, ang dami niyang spinach. The good thing about this dish is that hindi siya mapait. Usually kasi ang spinach medyo bitter ang taste.
 
Spinach & Mushroom Lasagna Php 390.00
For our drinks, I ordered Organic Lemongrass Iced Tea. Hindi ko masyadong type ito. I find the taste weird eh. Not the usual iced tea, maybe because of the muscovado. Pero my dad, he liked it.

Organic Lemongrass Iced Tea Php 90.00
To complete our meal, we had a slice of Banoffee Pie for dessert. Eto talaga is a must try. Ang SARAP talaga! Gusto ko nga magtake home ng isang buo eh. Si daddy rin nagustuhan niya ito especially yung toffee. Tamang tama ang tamis. Actually, mas masarap itong banoffee pie na ito as compared to the one that Starbucks is selling.

Banoffee Pie Php 165.00
Maybe you are wondering why it is an express lunch. Express because we stayed at the restaurant in less than an hour. Meaning, kasama na dun ang pagbasa ng menu, pag-order, pagkain and pagkuha ng bill. Bakit kamo, kasi may meeting si daddy sa Galleria ng 2:00pm. Buti na lang mabilis sila mag-serve ng food.

Here are my comments to the Corner Tree Cafe:
  • Parking - Limited parking; it is hard to park. Nakadouble parking kami
  • Place - Too small to the point na magkakabanggaan mga customer
  • Food - Delisyoso and served hot
  • Serving Size - Tama lang - not to small and not to big (nabitin lang ako sa starter plate)
  • Price - Medyo pricey siya since our bill is almost Php 1,400.00. Pero sabi nga ng dad ko, mahal talaga pag healthy food.
  • Service - Prompt service ang hindi ko lang nagustuhan ay yung cashier nila kasi nakabusangot and hindi accomodating
Overall, I am satisfied with our dining experience at Corner Tree Cafe. Maybe next time I'm going back with my hubby to try their Tofu Burger which I heard is one of their bestsellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment