Ads

Monday, November 11, 2013

Christmas Shopping at Divisoria & Some Food Trip

Yesterday, hubby and I went to Divisoria to do our Christmas shopping. I really need to shop as early as now since I'm already due next month.

We left Las Pinas at around 8:00am and arrived at Divisoria a little bit past 9:00am. We parked at the Lucky Chinatown Mall because it's very accessible to 168 Mall, 999 Mall, Tabora St., etc. Aside from that, hubby and I are sure that it is a safe place to park our car.

We first went to 168 Mall...




I'm shocked because there are a lot of people already considering that we arrived there early...






Since I'm very much surprised to the volume of people yesterday morning, I asked around what time do they usually open. They told me that some of the stores are open as early as 7:00am.

After more than 2 hours of walking and shopping, I asked hubby if he wants to eat snack. Of course, what else will be his answer? Nothing else but a big YES. Eating, actually, is the tool that I use for him not to complain. Hehe!

We searched for the carinderia serving special palabok. Before, it was located at the basement of Divisoria Mall and it is really well-known. Since Divisoria Mall was already devastated by fire, they relocated somewhere along the street beside Divisoria Mall going to Sto. Cristo St.

Here's what the carinderia looks like...




Hubby and I ordered their special palabok...




It really tastes great and it only costs P35.00 per order! Their secret there is the squid ink and crunchy fat (I'm not sure if its pork or beef). Of course, I requested them not to put crunchy fat and crushed pork chicharon to my palabok. Instead, I asked them to put it to hubby's plate. Hehe. Mind you, it tasted really different without the crunchy fat.

After eating our snack, we went around again and shopped until we completed our checklist. By the way, on our way back to 168 Mall, we ate also turon. I really love the turon that's being sold near the 168 mall. It's big, hot and only P10.00. Hubby enjoyed it also.

We finished our Christmas shopping at around 2:00pm already. We haven't eaten our lunch. So I asked hubby to eat our lunch first before going home.

First, we checked the weekend street food market located at the open area beside the Lucky Chinatown Mall....




I didn't find the food being sold there appealing that's why I asked hubby if we could just look for a restaurant to eat. Until I saw Sincerity Cafe & Restaurant...




I saw a lot of people eating there and their food looked really yummy so I asked hubby if we could eat there. He again agreed. He even told me that you'll know if the restaurant serves good food if it's already past lunch time and yet you're still in a waiting list. Imagine, it's already past 2:00pm and we are still 5th on the list? But I tell you, it's really worth the wait and I'll blog about it maybe tomorrow. =)

After lunch, we went home already. But before I share you some photos of our loots, I would like to share a photo of the vehicle parked beside us. The driver is, I could say, very stupid! He doesn't know how to park right. And because of his stupidity, I wasn't able to ride the car immediately. Grrr....




Anyway, here are our loots yesterday...




and here's a sneak peek since I don't want to reveal our Christmas gifts to friends and relatives...

Our Christmas gift for the Kulilits...


P690.00


Yes, that's right! It's a kitchen set. We don't see anything wrong for boys to play with kitchen sets. We just want them to develop their interest in cooking. We want them to learn how to cook like their parents. Hehe. =)

Santa's presents for the Kulilits...


P140.00 each


A doctor set for them. I'm sure they'll like these! They won't borrow hubby's stethoscope anymore. Hehe.

Croc-Corocococ for hubby...


P250.00


He asked me to buy him a pair because he'll use it as his pambahay slippers.

I also bought some Ampao Red Envelope and gift tags...


Ampao - P10.00 each; Gift Tags - P30.00/100 pieces


6 Pajama bottoms for the Kulilits...


3 for P100.00


Some sweet Kiat Kiat oranges...


3 for P100.00


and some persimmon...


4 for P100.00


That's it for now!

How about you? Have you done your Christmas shopping already?


No comments:

Post a Comment