Ads

Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Mealybugs Attack!

Guess what? I learned something new today and that is how to get rid of mealybugs. Well, thank you very much GOOGLE!!!

Here is the story:

This afternoon, I noticed that the budding leaf of my Brunei chilli plants are curling up...




I got curious, so I checked it out. Then, I saw that there are a lot of white bugs called mealybugs at the back part of the leaves.

Of course, I won't let these bugs to fully destroy my plants since I was the one who planted them plus the fact that the chilli fruit where it came from is from Brunei talaga. Kaya ayun, I researched on how to get rid of it.

I discovered that a simple "Soapy Solution" can do it. Kaya ayun, I immediately prepared a soapy solution using a dishwashing liquid diluted in water.

I sprayed it to the leaves and it really worked. Ang galing! One spray lang, tsugi kaagad yung mga mealybugs. From white, naging black sila. Then I rinsed it off na lang din with plain water. Yun lang, sana hindi nabugbog sa akin yung mga leaves. Hahaha!

So that's it! Gusto ko lang ishare sa inyo. Ang saya ko lang kasi dahil may bago na naman akong natutunan. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment